Effective 6 February 2017, the AIDA Europe Academic/Student Sub-Committee and the AIDA Europe Scientific Council merged to become the AIDA Europe Scientific Committee.
The key features of AIDA Europe Scientific Committee's Mission are to:
- assist with the identification of the topics for the AIDA Europe Conferences;
- manage the books of the AIDA Europe Research Series for Insurance Law and Regulation;
- issue the AIDA Europe’s Calls for Papers;
- help develop young academic talents and manage the AIDA Europe Young Authors Awards; and
- provide the content for, and support the management of, any other academic work.
AIDA EUROPE RESEARCH SERIES ON INSURANCE LAW & REGULATION
The AIDA Europe Research Series on Insurance Law and Regulation is the first book series of its kind and area of specialization.
It comprises volumes on topics researched and written with an international, comparative or European perspective.
Click on the above book cover icons for details about the seven books presently published in the series:
Transparency in Insurance Contract Law
InsurTech: A Legal and Regulatory View*
Insurance Distribution Directive: A Legal Analysis**
Transparency in Insurance Regulation and Supervisory Law
The Governance of Insurance Undertakings
Insurance and Human Rights
Covid-19 and Insurance
*open access to three chapters of the book on InsurTech is currently kindly funded by BIPAR | The European Federation of Insurance Intermediaries.
**This is the first book to be made fully open access courtesy of AIDA Europe sponsors. Please click on the image of the book to gain access.
Additionally, the AIDA Europe Scientific Committee is making further calls for papers unrelated to the AIDA Conferences/Young Authors Awards. Further books in the pipeline for publication in this series are: "Beyond insurance – the wider angle viewpoint" and "The Challenge of Sustainability for Insurance".
AIDA EUROPE CALLS FOR PAPERS
In June 2017 the AIDA Europe Scientific Committee issued the first of their Calls for Papers. For details of past calls and those issued prior to 2017 by the AIDA Europe Academic/Student Sub Committee - see side panel.
Latest Call for Papers:
- January 2022: "The Challenge of Sustainability for Insurance" - Academic papers are invited from a national, transnational, international or comparative perspective, on any one of a very wide range of impacts of sustainability on insurance, reinsurance, legal, investment and business aspects of the insurance contract and regulatory matters.
For suggested eligible areas, full information and submission details see the official announcement.
AIDA YOUNG AUTHORS AWARDS
The AIDA Scientific Committee has continued the practice, started in 2009 by the AIDA Europe Academic/Student Sub Committee, of making Young Authors Awards.
The winners of the most recent Young Authors Awards for their responses to the March 2020 Call for Papers linked to the 9th AIDA Europe Conference – on the topic of “The governance of insurance undertakings between corporate law and insurance regulation”
Angelo Borselli - “Insurance in M&A Transactions”
Jeremmy Okonjo - “The algorithmic future of insurance supervision in the EU: A reality check” (for his paper co-written with Andromachi Georgosouli)
Their papers will be published with the support of publishers, Springer in due course.
For a full list of previous winners of these Awards since 2009 – see side panel.
Present Chair and Members of AIDA Europe Scientific Committee:
Past Officers/Members of the AIDA Scientific Committee
- em. Prof. Herman Cousy
- Prof. Dr jur. Robert Koch
- Dr Caroline Bell