The Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances (“AIDA”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of any relevant data protection legislation the data controller is AIDA.
We use up-to-date security measures and procedures to keep personal data, which you have transmitted to us, as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access.
In order to secure your data and your researches, we have implemented the following security measures:
- the HTTPS protocol;
- your login credentials, where required, are secured by the encryption algorithm;
- our servers are secure and hosted in the European Union and we have secured contracts with our data hosts;
- we have implemented internal technical and organisational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data.
Your rights regarding your personal data
Legislation in force gives you the right to access details held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with such legislation. As a general rule, access to such personal data is provided free of charge. In certain circumstances, A small fee may be payable or the request may be denied. For further information please contact email@example.com.
Your other rights include:
- Right to rectification: If you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may require that the personal data be modified accordingly.
- Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten): you may require the erasure of your personal data to the extent permitted by law.
- Right to restriction of processing: you can request that the processing of your personal data be limited.
- Right to define guidelines regarding the use of your personal data after your death.
- Right to data portability: when this right is applicable, you have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us or, where technically possible, to demand that said personal data be transmitted to a third party.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your personal data, for reasons related to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of commercial prospecting, including the profiling related to this prospection.
- Right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. Right to appeal: If necessary and if a dispute does not result in an amicable resolution, you have the option of contacting the competent personal data protection authority to lodge a complaint.
You may exercise the abovementioned rights, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify your request and also include a scan or photocopy of your national ID card, for identification purposes when requested to do so.
We will do our best to answer you as quickly as possible, within the legal time limit of one month.
Information we may collect from and process about you
We may collect and process the following data about you
- Information that you provide by filling in any forms on our Website (or via linked third party sites) or by other means. This includes information provided at the time of registering for any event, posting material on the Website or requesting further information or services from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. AIDA or one of its many component elements may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of bookings or applications of various kinds made through the Website (and any third party sites).
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
The lawfulness of the collection and processing of the aforementioned personal data are based on your consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes below (article Uses made of the information).
The Website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the Website. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the Website and to compile statistical reports on Website activity for AIDA.
AIDA will not (and will not allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to the Website. We will not associate any data gathered from the Website with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Further information identifying the name of, uses of information collected by, and expiry dates of the Google Analytics cookies used by the Websites.
These cookies can be rejected or deleted by following the instructions for your browser set out here.
- For Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari : https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- For FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Opéra : https://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/
For mobile devices, you can view the following links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en&ref_topic=2373959
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Windows Phone: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Indeed, should we transfer your personal data outside the EU, AIDA will ensure that the transfer is made
- to a country recognised by the European Commission as having the same level of protection as that provided for in the GDPR;
- to a country that does not have this recognition but with which AIDA has implemented one of the guarantees imposed by the GDPR to ensure the protection of your personal data, notably the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses and Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs)
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, which you accept.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you for the following purposes:
- to enhance our Services on the Website; ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; for registered users, for authentication, identification and creation of your personal account;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to carry out additional processing: such as for dispute resolution and/or our compliance with our legal obligations etc.
We may also use your data for the purposes of advertising future AIDA events, or ones of one of its component elements, events by other suitable organisations, and for limited advertisements so as to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email email@example.com.