The Association of European Businesses (AEB)
The Association of European Businesses (AEB) is the main representative body of foreign investors in Russia. Founded in 1995, the AEB is an independent non-profit organisation of over 500 European and Russian companies. The AEB members are multinational corporations and small and medium-sized enterprises. They all share a commitment to boosting cooperation between the EU and Russia, as well as the desire to improve the investment climate of the Russian Federation.
The AEB includes over 60 committees, subcommittees and working groups that are engaged in lobbying on a wide range of issues in various business areas including energy, transport and customs, agriculture, air travel, passenger cars and commercial vehicles production, legislation, taxation, banking, real estate, crop protection products and many others. These committees work closely with the European and Russian authorities and provide comments and suggested changes to the draft laws of the Russian Federation.
The AEB mission is:
- Working to improve the business, investment and trade environment in Russia for AEB members through information support, quality lobbying and networking activities.
- Promoting partnership and economic integration between the Russian Federation and the European Union.
The Insurance and Pensions Committee was formed within the AEB in 2002 and aims to level the playing field between local and foreign operators in the insurance and pensions sectors, and to provide direct technical policy advice to European and Russian government officials. The Committee members are European financial institutions and advisory companies (actuarial firms, brokers, legal advisors, etc.), which currently have or plan to have operations in the Russian Federation in the areas of insurance, pensions and reinsurance.
In late 2016, the AEB took over as the AIDA Russian Chapter and established the AIDA Insurance Legislation Working Group within the Insurance and Pensions Committee for this purpose.
The AEB has three principal officers, supported by a Committee with representative members from the following companies:
- AIG Insurance Company, JSC
- Allianz IC OJSC
- CARDIF Insurance company Limited Liability Company
- Chubb Insurance Company, LLC
- CMS Russia
- Credendo – Ingosstrakh Credit Insurance LLC
- ERGO Insurance Company
- Euler Hermes
- General Reinsurance AG
- MAI Insurance Brokers
- MetLife JSC
- Norton Rose Fulbright (Central Europe) LLP
- SAFMAR NPF AO
- SCOR Moscow Representative Office
- SOCIETE GENERALE Strakhovanie Zhizni LLC
- SOGAZ Insurance Group
- Tinkoff Online Insurance, JSC
- VSK Insurance Joint Stock Company
- Zetta Insurance Company Ltd.
- ZURICH RELIABLE INSURANCE, JSC