Japanese Society of Insurance Science (JSIS)
The Japanese Society of Insurance Science (JSIS) is AIDA’s National Section in Japan.
It is a nonprofit, professional organization whose objective is to advance the scholarly study of insurance, and to foster cooperation and communication among its academic members, while providing an effective forum for the exchange of information with other insurance professionals in Japan and abroad.
JSIS was founded on 24 November 1940 in Tokyo. Its principal activities:
- The Society’s Annual Meeting (presentation of research papers and summary of the year’s affairs)
- Regional meetings in Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka (organized by the local chapters)
- Publication of a quarterly journal (Journal of Insurance Science) and periodic publication of research bulletins.
- Special meetings and activities as appropriate and subject to approval by the Board of Directors
JSIS is led by its Board of Directors, made up of Board Members.
- Mr Hiroyuki Nagano (JSIS Secretariat)
- 3-4-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku,