The Austrian National Chapter regularly organizes conferences on insurance law in Austria and closely co-operates with the European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law (ECTIL) as well as the AIDA Insurance and Reinsurance Arbitration Society (ARIAS) which is (also) based in Vienna.
Apart from actively participating in the AIDA World and AIDA Europe activities, the members of the Austrian National Chapter aim at fostering the understanding and development of Austrian insurance law by (among other things):
- publishing papers and commentaries on all matters of insurance contract law as well as on selected aspects of supervisory law and the law of insurance intermediaries
- participating in reform groups established by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Constitutional Affairs, Reforms, Deregulation and Justice
- teaching insurance law at Austrian Universities and Colleges
- Prof. Dr Stefan Perner (AIDA Austria Contact Person)
- Vienna University of Economics and Business
- +43 1 31336 6610