12:30 - 15:00
Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
The fourth meeting of the Working Party took place between 12:30hrs and 15:00hrs on Thursday 13 September 2012 at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel in London on the occasion of the IVth AIDA Europe Conference staged in association with the British Insurance Law Association on 13 and 14 September 2012.
The Agenda for that meeting chaired by Tim Hardy is below.
Presentations made were as follows:
- Craig Langstone(President, New Zealand Insurance Law Association and Partner, Jones Fee, Auckland) on New Zealand Earthquakes - Legal and Insurance Issues and the Aftermath for Christchurch and the insurance market in an age of Climate Change.
- Professor Sara Landini(Associate professor of civil law and insurance law at University of Florence - Scientific Secretary of CISA-Interuniversity Center of Actuarial Science and Risk Management) on State Intervention in Catastrophic Events, particularly Italian plans for Agricultural Insurance and the Reform of Italian Civil Protection Act 11th July 2012. New Perspectives for Insurers.
- Peter Kochenburger(University of Connecticut School of Law) on US Climate Change Litigation and Liability Issues from a US perspective
- Richard Lord QC(London barrister, Brick Court Chambers and contributor/co-editor of "Climate Change Liability - Transnational Law and Practice" 2012, Cambridge University Press) on Some Climate Change Liability Issues from a London perspective
- Professor Francesca Romanin Jacur(an international environmental law research professor at the University of Milan/New York University)on The Involvement of Insurance Companies in Climate Finance: Tackling a Global Challenge by Investing in Local Solutions
The following further materials were also submitted for and introduced to the meeting:
- 166-page Report of the MERCOSUR Group submitted and co-ordinated by Dr Maria Kavanagh, Argentina, recording issues and developments in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru and Uruguay.
- Powerpoint presentation (and supporting narrative) of the MERCOSUR Group concerning: "Tropical Glacier Retreat in the Republic of Peru".
Below are the Minutes of that Meeting and a note of attendees/apologies.